Missionaries: Rev. James May and Dr. Phillip Giessler
LIA (Lutherans In Africa): In Africa, the lack of resources available for education, coupled with traditional beliefs and practices, leads to misunderstandings of the Living Word. From the congregational level to the national church body, an overwhelming need exists for basic doctrinal teaching for Lutheran pastors, evangelists, and deaconesses.
- To provide doctrinal resources in African languages, Rev. James May works with Lutheran Heritage Foundation to translate Good News magazines and key Lutheran texts into native languages in Africa.
- To help Lutheran teachers benefit from those resources, LIA supports Rev. May to teach workshops on Lutheran doctrine in 20 countries on the continent of Africa! LIA is also in the middle of a capital campaign to raise funds toward building a mission training center in Kenya.
LIA is supported by Lutheran congregations and individuals in America, Finland, and Australia. Please pray for this important ministry!
- If you are led by the Lord to give tax-deductible financial support, make your check out to Lutherans In Africa; then mail it to: Lutherans In Africa; c/o Bethlehem Lutheran Church; 7500 State Road; Parma, Ohio 44134 - Thanks in advance!
- For more information about the LIA mission, visit the LIA website.
Team Jesus For Africa: Dr. Giessler is a volunteer missionary; therefore, he gives of his time and Bible knowledge to teach Lutheran seminary students, evangelists, and pastors to more effectively teach and preach God's Word. Dr. Giessler uses his financial contributions wisely so that people in Africa are blessed both now and forevermore!
- Team Jesus For Africa is supported by various people in America.
- Please pray for this important ministry!
- If you are led by the Lord to give tax-deductible financial support, make your check out to Bethlehem Lutheran Church and include Team Jesus For Africa on the memo line; then mail it to: Bethlehem Lutheran Church; 7500 State Road; Parma, Ohio 44134 - Thanks in advance!
- For more information, e-mail Dr. Giessler: firstname.lastname@example.org